For younger children
- You’d never believe what Angelica Sprocket manages to fit into her pockets – and she has an awful lot of pockets.
- ‘There’s a pocket for ducks and a pocket for boats, and a pocket with lovely straw hats – for GOATS’.
- With more pockets for skateboards, icecreams, books and balloons, Angelica Sprocket is bound to be a firm favourite with children.
Published by Jonathan Cape
Buy with Fun Kids
For older children
The Train Set of Terror – A Measles Stubbs Adventure
By Ian Ogilvy
- Measles Stubbs is thin, weedy, and he has had to live with a horrible guardian, Basil Tramplebone, since his parents disappeared.
- But his guardian isn’t all that he appears and one day, he zapps Measles into his train set.
- Could it get any worse? Yup, because that’s when a cockroach picks up Measles trail and when you’re tiny a cockroach is as bad as it gets….
- This is the first story in the cracking Measles adventures.
Published by Oxford University Press
Our Books of the Week is in association with the ReadingZone
- The children’s books website www.ReadingZone.com aims to help families to support their children’s reading by suggesting the best books available.
- The website provides news about books and authors, competitions, author interviews and recommendations, and there are distinct areas for children themselves to explore new releases.