This week I met Dan Clarkson and Jeff Turner
- Dan & Jeff started their comic double act in the spring of 2005.
- Since then they have become the two most recognised children’s storytellers around the country with their hugely successful shows ‘Potted Potter’ and ‘Potted Pirates’.
- Both are very passionate about children’s literacy, but are also of the opinion that books can be fun, hence ‘Potted potter: the unofficial Harry Potter experience. Their show is a fast paced, comical romp that pays homage to the nations favourite series of books, that has just completed a critically acclaimed sell-out show in Edinburgh as well as a tour of Australia.
- These sell out performances brought them to the attention of many TV producers who then invited them to do a ‘Potted’ history of various popular subjects including ‘Big Brother’ for ‘Big Brothers Little Brother’ and a ‘Potted’ synopsis of many kids books on ‘Blue Peter’ where they brought countless books to the consciousness of the nations’ children.
- Since then they have progressed to the famous ‘broom cupboard’ on CBBC where they regularly present the links on the weekend shows and all the weekday shows during the school holidays.
- When not working together Dan and Jeff are trained actors who have worked a variety of TV and theatre productions in both comedic and straight roles.
Find out more about the Honey Monster at www.honeymonster.co.uk