Every Wednesday the Honey Monster looks at special events that take place this week – like National Sausage Day or Scary Spider Week – you know the sort of thing. Did you know that there isn’t a National Monster Week – maybe we should start one!
This week it has been a Monster Week because its… New Years Week!
- Well Christmas has come and gone which means the year is nearly over – was it a good year?
- Did you do loads of fun things and laugh lots? Or maybe it was a horrible old year that you’ll be glad to see the back of – anyway its nearly at an end – this time next week it will be bye bye 2009 and hello 2010!
- New Year is celebrated the whole world over on the 1st January, (which is this Friday), with celebrations and parties, fireworks and fun. Because of the way the sun rises at different times across the globe, different countries celebrate at different times.
- The Christmas Islands get their party first, followed by New Zealand and then Auckland in Australia. FOURTEEN HOURS LATER we get our party in the UK, but the best parties are always worth waiting for!
- Did you know that it wasn’t always New Year on 1st January? Julius Caesar the Roman Emporer changed it from March, where it used to be – maybe he got bored waiting for the party – I love a good party!!
Find out more about the Honey Monster at www.honeymonster.co.uk