How to stay safe and have fun with your gunge!
It’s Red Nose Day and if you want to have a go at something super silly, why not try making your own gunge?
Our pal TV’s Kirsty Gallacher has passed on a great recipe that she’s been using!
It’s well easy to do and only needs a few ingredients that you can find around the house!
Just make sure you check with a grown-up first as it can get… well, pretty messy!
In fact, it’s probably best to have a bottle of limited edition Red Nose Day Persil on hand to help clean all the messy clothes afterwards!
Kirsty Gallacher’s Top Gunge Tips
- Make sure you find a sturdy bucket to put your gunge into. You don’t want it to spill everywhere before you’re ready to use it
- Be sure to use warm water and not hot water, that way you can get stuck in sooner
- Once the mixture is prepared let it cool for 20-30 minutes before you get messy
- Why not put the gunge in the fridge for a few minutes for that extra cold surprise
- Double your recipe for double the fun! After all, the more gunge you make, the more gunge you can use on friends, family, teachers, neighbours… You can get everyone on your street gunging for Red Nose Day. Try to keep the kids at a safe distance to allow gunge to cool! Find a suitable area for gunging. Persil recommends either in the bath tub or in the garden (if you’re feeling brave!)
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor you to get gunged. You could have fun and make the gunging a group event where you all sponsor one another to get involved. It’s easy to sponsor a friend or family, simply text [insert number] to make a donation directly to Comic Relief
- Remember to have a camera nearby. Your friends and family members are sure to pull funny faces when the gunge is poured over them, so take a picture to remember the event at a later date
- Get involved. Red Nose Day is encouraging the nation to share their funny face pictures, and what better way to do it than with gunge?! Upload your funny face picture to social media and use #RNDFunnyFace to join the conversation
- Remember to have a bottle of limited edition Red Nose Day Persil bottle on hand to help clean all the messy clothes afterwards. Gunging is really fun, and Persil takes the stress out of the mess.
- Once you have prepared the gunge once, feel free to do it again using different colours. Go for a bright pink or orange for your child’s favourite colour.
Add a comment