For younger children
By Leigh Hodgkinson
- Larry the peacock is a showoff and is thrilled to find an empty book where he can put his many talents on show. Unfortunately, some other animals start to arrive and, before he knows it, Larry is being squeeeeezed off the page.
- Even a fun picnic in a spooky wood isn’t enough to convince Larry that they other animals have anything to offer ‘his’ story and, with a swoosh of his glorious tail, he chases them away. But soon Larry Limelight becomes lonely Larry and he’s desperate for his friends to come back. Larry also realizes that showing off isn’t nice.
- Gloriously colourful, packed with animals and with bags of attitude, children will love this story.
Published by Orchard Books
For older children
Monkey Nuts: The Diamond Egg of Wonders
By Robin Etherington, Lawrence Etherington
- The Isla de Monstera is home to the tap-dancing, banana-loving, rust-fighting, coconut-talking, crime-busting organization…. Monkey Nuts!
- Sid, Rivet and Chief Tuft are the crime-busters who take on a weird and wonderful array of villains – a monstrosity called Tabitha, the evil The Amazing Amazing and the astounding Boom Boy – among others!
- The trio take on one adventure after another. There’s a bank to save, a giant octopus to tie up and a walking temple to stop – but things get really hairy when the Great Escape Gang leave the Spike Island Maximum Security Prison just as Sid and Rivet arrive…
- Fun, fast-paced graphic novel that is packed with detail and bags of laughs.
Published by David Fickling Books
Our Books of the Week is in association with the ReadingZone
- The children’s books website www.ReadingZone.com aims to help families to support their children’s reading by suggesting the best books available.
- The website provides news about books and authors, competitions, author interviews and recommendations, and there are distinct areas for children themselves to explore new releases.