By Sarah McConnell and Lucy Courtenay
- Long Joan Silver has been accidentally eaten by a giant shrimp and the Silver family have only recently discovered they’re pirates.
- Can they solve Lipstick the parrot’s riddle and find the tremendous treasure that’s been promised before that vile villain Gilbert Gauntlet catches up with them?
- Hilariously funny and fast-paced, these stories will have you laughing out loud, whilst desperate to solve the riddle of the tremendous treasure
Published by Hodder
Buy now with Fun Kids
Peter Kent’s A City Across Time
By Peter Kent
- Peter Kent’s brilliant cross-sections show how an early settlement changes into a bustling, modern-day city.
- The lively, warm and friendly illustrations are packed with absorbing and eye-opening details, and clearly show how new buildings are constructed on the rubble of the old.
- Eagle-eyed readers will have hours of fun spotting the descendants of one particular family though the centuries, and seeing how once-grand buildings become buried and how some structures remain through the centuries.
- Brand-new artworks and spreads reveal the prehistoric origins of the settlement, its 21st-century development and even give a glimpse into the far future, when ice sheets threaten to overwhelm the city.
Published by MacMillan
Buy with Fun Kids
Our Books of the Week is in association with the ReadingZone
- The children’s books website www.ReadingZone.com aims to help families to support their children’s reading by suggesting the best books available.
- The website provides news about books and authors, competitions, author interviews and recommendations, and there are distinct areas for children themselves to explore new releases.