Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
For younger children
Rhino? What Rhino?
By Caryl Hart and Sarah Horne
- There’s a rhino about – so watch out for squashed food, stolen clothes, trampled toys and a collapsed tree house!
- Rhino is bored and makes a dash for freedom from the Zoo but he leaves a trail of destruction in his wake and all the other animals are blamed – “My tops are in tatters. Those knickers were new. No one else has come by so it must have been YOU!”
- It’s only a matter of time before Cow, Sheep and Pig work out that rhino is behind all the problems – but can they get him to go back to the zoo? Or will Rhino mend his ways?
- Brilliant illustrations and rhyming text make this story a lot of fun to read aloud to children aged three years and older.
Published by Hodder Children’s Books
For older children
Do Igloos Have Loos?
By Mitchell Symons
- Do igloos have loos? The answer is ‘yes’, Inuits did used to build igloos with toilets (it was a lot better than going outside and being chomped by a polar bear!), and there are loads more great questions in this book that you might never have thought to ask.
- How did the Frisbee get its name? How rare are four-leafed clovers? Why does our skin go wrinkly when we’ve stayed in the bath too long? Yup, the book answers all these.
- You can also find out that cockroaches can survive underwater for 15 minutes (you might like to test that one out some time…) and that bakers in the 13th century could have their arm chopped off if they short-changed customers (don’t try out that one, though).
Published by Doubleday
Our Books of the Week is in association with the ReadingZone
- The children’s books website www.ReadingZone.com aims to help families to support their children’s reading by suggesting the best books available.
- The website provides news about books and authors, competitions, author interviews and recommendations, and there are distinct areas for children themselves to explore new releases.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.