- This event has passed.
Open House Families is London’s brand new festival of architecture, design and engineering taking place this summer on the 9 and 10 June!
It is being held across some of the city’s most iconic buildings!
The charity behind Open House are launching the free family festival to inspire and excite the next generation of city-shapers!
You are invited to create, make and build by taking part in a humongous range of activities in and around London’s incredible architecture such as the Gherkin, Gasholder park by King’s Cross, The Royal Academy, St Paul’s Cathedral, The National Gallery and The V&A.
There will be over 45 exciting and hands on craft activities, engineering experiments, tours and storytelling sessions to inspire you about your city and how you can make a difference to it!
- Join Atelier One to engineer your own kite with the best aerodynamic results and then take to the city skies and test your wings!
- Join architects from Jestico + Whiles to celebrate London’s skyline – carnival style! Sketch and decorate your favourite parts of the City and make them into masks to take home.
- Straw, Sticks or Bricks for early years at Here East Little ones can explore the story of the three little pigs by building their own houses to see if they can huff and puff and blow them down!
- Reveal the layers of The Gherkin building from the inside out through creating a layered drawing celebrating its incredible structure.
- Be inspired by Canary Wharf ’s incredible buildings and their histories to create a palace fit for your pooch! Bring your own cuddly canine to Jubilee Park!