|April 1, 2010||to||April 30, 2010|
Children’s weekend activities
Every Saturday and Sunday
- A full day of activities including Arts & Crafts (colouring, sticking, painting); Pond dipping in Pond Zone; ‘The pellet and poo show’ where you can discover what animals eat by examining what they leave behind and Bird Cafe (create your own bird feeder, supported by The City Bridge Trust).
Children’s Easter activities – 2 – 18 April
Easter school holidays – daily children’s activities to keep children busy and learning throughout the half term.
Easter egg watch
- 3 – 18 April
- Join an Egg Watch viewing and watch duck eggs develop in the centre’s incubator. Follow the progress of the eggs with an expert warden, have a look inside the shells by special egg candling techniques and learn about the development of ducklings. Visitors can come back to see the chicks hatch and take their first steps. 12noon in the Gallery (above the Gift Shop).
Walk with a warden
- 6 April
- 21 April
- Tour the grounds for an hour with one of the centre’s experts and find out about seasonal birds, migrations, plants and other interesting information about the centre.
- Meet at 2pm at the Pagoda in the Courtyard.
Identifying birds through song course
- 27 April
- Learn how to identify birds through song – a practical course including useful tips, notes and fieldwork. By the end of the course you should be able to identify ten key species.
- £10 per person, price does not include admission to centre.
- Booking is essential, please phone 0208 409 4400. Course begins at 10am – 11.30am, meet in the courtyard.
WWT London Wetland Centre
Queen Elizabeth’s Walk