|August 1, 2009||to||August 31, 2009|
Art and Architecture for a Changing Planet 1969—2009
To 18 Oct 09
- Radical Nature draws on ideas that have emerged out of Land Art, environmental activism, experimental architecture and utopianism.
- The exhibition is designed as one fantastical landscape, with each piece introducing into the gallery space a dramatic portion of nature.
Every Thursday until 10pm
- The Thursday Lates for Radical Nature present the ideal opportunity to explore the myriad of themes and issues raised by the exhibition: horticulture, the ethics of food production, ecology, living harmoniously with nature and more.
- Meet a friend at the Nature Bar, browse our specially selected ecological and nature related merchandise in the Gallery bookshop, immerse yourself in the strange and beautiful landscape that has invaded the gallery, and most importantly, join speakers and performers as they give us a different view on the natural world.
Secret Barbican/Secret Nature
Tour every Saturday 2.30pm
Meet at the Gallery front desk
- Join our guided tour every Saturday.
- Explore the fascinating hidden green spaces within and around the Barbican Centre.
- From the artist’s garden inside Radical Nature to secret horticultural gems in the square mile, discover where the natural world survives, and thrives, in the heart of the City.
- Walks last approximately 90 min.
- Limited places and booking essential.
- Free to same day ticket holders.
Radical Nature for Families
- Every Saturday 2pm/£3 per person (everyone needs a ticket)
- Join artists to discover your natural creativity in the exhibition and beyond! Be inspired and make your own natural wonders.
- Activities will change each week and will be suitable for all aged 5+.
- Don’t forget to pick up your activity sheet.
0845 121 6826
Open daily 11am–8pm (except Wed 11am–6pm)
Late night every Thu until 10pm