|August 1, 2009||to||August 31, 2009|
Summer holiday fun
Magic Carpet storytelling, 11.30am, free
Tuesday to Saturday, to 22 August
For families with children aged 5 to 11
Free hands-on two-hour art workshops. 11am, repeated 2pm.
Creatures in Suspense
- 28 July to 1 August; 11 to 15 August
- Using colour and texture, create wild and wonderful hanging sculptures with artist Noel Paine.
- 4 to 8 August; 18 to 22 August
- Alight with sculptor Al Johnson on this mixed-media workshop and assemble your own dynamic feathered friend.
Meet in the Education Centre Foyer for all events.
No need to book for workshops and storytelling, but places are limited and allocated on arrival. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Don’t forget our regular Family Sundays. Join us for free activities or explore with exciting trails and audio tours.
- Get into Art!
- Free two-day practical art workshops for young people
- Ages 12–14: 28 and 29 July; 30 and 31 July; 11 and 12 August
- Ages 15–17: 13 and 14 August
- Discover the secrets of light, line and perspective to customise your own contemporary interior with painter Robin-Lee Hall.
- Ages 12–14: 4 and 5 August; 6 and 7 August; 18 and 19 August
- Ages 15–17: 20 and 21 August
- Play on the wild side of the Gallery’s collection with artist Matthew Burrows, exploring the kinks and curves between narrative and image.
Where can I find out more?
See the Fun Kids review on the National Gallery