|August 1, 2009||to||August 31, 2009|
Get street smart at London Transport Museum in Covent Garden this summer with a tyre screeching, horn beeping, crash, bang wallop of a play experience with a difference.
Street Smart! is a hands-on way for families to play together in the Museum galleries and discover how to be streets ahead in road safety.
Get behind the wheel of a miniature remote controlled mini for a fun spin on road safety in the Streets ahead! zone and hop on board a super-sized game of Skids and Ladders.
Tiny transportinos can sing along to transport rhymes in Street Beat and the Museum’s fun interactive bus and Tube station display vehicles will be on Covent Garden Piazza
Streets ahead! – remote control car racing
- Daily – book free timed tickets on arrival
- Suitable for ages 5 and above
- Test your driving skills to the max on a stylised miniature model of central London. Your mission is to arrive safely at your destination without hopping red-lights or earning a fine. As your family cheer you on, our resident commentator will commend you for good road handling and criticise all those bad habits.
Skids and Ladders – giant board game
- Suitable for all ages
- Skill, knowledge and a little bit of good luck is all that’s needed for this modern spin on a family classic.
- Throw the dice and correctly answer questions to walk around the giant board. Land on a ladder to travel home faster but side step those skids, or they’ll send you slip sliding back to the start!
Street beat – Under 5s rhyme time
- Every Tuesday 11.00 and 11.45
- Suitable for under 5s
- Where else can you sing The wheels on the bus go round and round and then get close enough to touch a real one? Bring the smallest members of your family to sing along to transport themed songs, discover how to be safe and seen and find out what the traffic lights mean.
F0r more information
See the Fun Kids review on the London Transport Museum