The Britannia Leek & District Show is an opportunity for the farming community to come together and showcase its skills and expertise.
It is renowned for the quality of its livestock classes and hundreds of exhibitors will be preparing their animals, from sheep and goats to rabbits and cattle, ready for the judges to inspect.
This year, there are top prizes of £100 for the best commercial beef, heifer and steer.
Some of the toughest competition in the country comes from the Shire Horse classes and the day will start with the Shires in the main ring. As well as the livestock classes, there will be a huge range of other attractions including floral art, horticulture, pets, craft displays and much more.
Visitors can also pick up a bargain at the dozens of trade stands.
Main ring entertainment will include:
- The Independent Horse Display, a Berkshire based team of young professional stunt riders with a crowd-pleasing programme of extreme trick riding.
- Peter Hallam and his Dog and Duck show, where his highly trained hounds will round up ducks.
- The Essex Dog Display Team, whose canine skills have been viewed by millions on television.
- The majestic Shire Horses.
- The grand parade of livestock champions.
- There will be music from the Stone Town Band, children’s fun from Punch and Judy and – the first ever Staffordshire’s Stongest Man competition.
Birchall Playing Fields
Find out more