|November 5, 2011|
Don’t worry, this isn’t as spooky or downbeat as you might think!
Originating deep in Aztec culture, the ‘Dia de los Muertos’ is a hallowed day in the Mexican calendar when thoughts and offerings are given to the dead. Both sacred and celebratory, the Day of the Dead is a festival of remembrance and a time to party!
And to get in the mood, Wellcome Collection have a got a special range of activities for you to get involved in:
- Join in with skeleton dancers, and tap time with mariachis.
- Explore the world of remembrance from Mexicans in London with a specially commissioned video.
- Try your hand on an Aztec instrument.
- Decorate sugar skulls, and make an ‘ofrenda’ to our altar.
- Hear fascinating storytelling on the world of the dead.
- Join the legion of the dead and have your face painted.
- Witness the grand processional finale, and take part in the final dance of the dead.
This event is FREE and drop-in.
Location: Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE