Yorkshire’s Friendly Line welcomes back its favourite visitor to host ‘Day out with Thomas’ Bank Holiday weekend events.
The Fat Controller will be hosting the event that always proves so popular. Thomas and his fellow saddle tank engine Percy are looking forward to their visit to the Railway, which runs between the new award winning Bolton Abbey Station and Embsay Station built in 1888. Here many of Thomas’ young friends can visit him on the coal dock to say hello, and maybe give him a piece of coal for his fire.
£9.00 per person
(gift included in child fare)
The train fare of £9.00 per person entitles you to:
- Entry to the event
- A Return trip over the line between EMBSAY and BOLTON ABBEY stations (trains run every 30 minutes)
- A free gift for all children with their tickets from the Fat Controller’s Gift Stall at EMBSAY station
- The opportunity to see Thomas and step onto his footplate on the coal dock at EMBSAY station
- Free connecting bus between Ilkley station and BOLTON ABBEY station
- Small fairground rides at BOLTON ABBEY station
- Magic show at EMBSAY station
- Access to the picnic areas at EMBSAY and BOLTON ABBEY stations
- Meet Percy
- Meet Diesel
- Meet the Fat Controller somewhere on your journey
Refreshments are available at the station buffet at Embsay or Mrs Kyndley’s Tea Rooms at Bolton Abbey Station. There are gift and book shops at either station together with toilets and substantial car parking and facilities for the disabled at Bolton Abbey Station.
Connecting bus services between Ilkley and Bolton Abbey railway stations will be provided free for passengers attending the Day out with Thomas event.
Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway
Bolton Abbey Station, Bolton Abbey, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 6AF