|October 31, 2010|
The Mayor of London invites you to Trafalgar Square for the annual celebration of Diwali, the festival of lights
Come and enjoy an afternoon of cultural performances, with music and dance, plus stalls, displays and food.
Free Sarees on a first come first served basis.
Hot and cold vegetarian food available.
- 2:00 – 3:00pm Traditional Garba dancing in the centre of the Square with live band Shama and The 5.1.5 Crew
- 3.15 – 3.35pm Opening Ceremony with Diwali messages
- 3.35 – 5.25pm Spectacular stage show with performances by Sai School Children’s Choir; Sangeet College Ensemble; GCC Bhangra Dance group; Renu Gidoomal’s Bhajazz; BBUK Yuva; Sanskriti Dance group; Ada Dance Academy; Neha’s Dance group; Shaama Dance Co; Nikita Dance Co; Rhythm N Bass Dhol group and Danceflavourz
- 5.25 – 6:10pm Zee TV presents performances by Juggy D, Botown and Arjun with presenter Sunita Gardner and special guest stars.
- 6:10 – 6.30pm Kirtan and Bhajan Aarti provided by Arpan with Hindu Cultural Society Adult Choir.
Programme and times may be subject to change
Find out more at www.london.gov.uk/diwali
Diwali on the Square
Sunday 31 October
2:00 – 6:30pm