|April 2, 2010||to||April 18, 2010|
New shoots pushing skyward, emerging blooms, chirping birdlife and the gentle buzzing of bees: Easter at Wisley is all about stopping for a moment and taking in the beautiful spring season. Breath in the fresh air, admire the colours and relax with friends or spend time together as a family.
Spend your family Easter break at Wisley and enjoy the glorious spring bulb displays and orchids in the Glasshouse, or take the self-guided Family Easter Trail.
Easter Trail (2 – 5 April)
Follow the clues and explore the garden as a family with our Easter Garden Trail.
- Collect all the letters and rearrange them to find the missing word and claim a prize
- For children under 16, one prize per child
A spectacular spring garden
- The Alpine House is a treasure trove of miniature spring flowering plants.
- The exotic Glasshouse is host to the beautiful Orchids in the Glasshouse display, on until 11 April.
- Daffodils of many varieties provide glorious bursts of colour all around, while primulas and anemones add sparkle on the woodland floor of the Wild Garden.
- The magnolias are also in bloom and The Fruit Demonstration Garden has the sweet smell of peach and apricot blossom.
Family Activities (6 – 18 April)
Enjoying the garden in springEmbrace the great outdoors during the school Easter holidays. Come rain or shine, our weather-themed activities for families are great fun to enjoy together:
- Sowing poached egg plants: 6 – 7 and 12 – 13 April, 10am – 4.30pm
- Make a rain gauge: 8 – 9 and 14 – 16 April, 10am – 4.30pm
- Kite making: 10 – 11 and 17 – 18 April, 10am – 4.30pm
Contemporary Craft and Design Fair (15 – 18 April)
Contemporary crafts: the work of Bruce AitkinDon’t miss this brand new event at Wisley, featuring more than 120 of the UK’s top designers. Browse through home and garden designs including textiles, paintings, furniture, leather goods, ceramics, jewellery, glassware, clothing and much more. Live swing music from the Panama Café band will also accompany the event at various times throughout each day. This event is staged in association with Crafts in Focus.
Auricula spectacular, Plant Centre (17 – 18 April)
Lovely displays of these spectacular plants will grace the Plant Centre for this last weekend of the Easter holidays. Shop from over 100 varieties of these much admired beauties or listen to a talk by Laurence Wigley, Secretary of the Auricula and Primula Society at 11am and 2pm on both days.
Over Easter we’re open weekends and bank holidays: 9am to 6pm
Weekdays: 10am to 6pm
All activities above are free with normal garden entry.
RHS members (plus one family guest) and under 6s go free. Adult £9.50, child (6-16) £3.
RHS Garden Wisley