|July 24, 2010||to||July 30, 2010|
This summer holidays, why not enjoy a great day out exploring the countryside. There is so much to see.
Why not visit your local RHS Garden, and remember, kids go free throughout August.
Events this week include:
24th to 30th July – Mad about Machines
RHS Garden Wisley
- Mad about machines? Then head to Wisley to see our vintage tractor display and tools from a bygone age. Transport yourself back in time and see tractors from the 1930s and 40s, discover tools used in gardens and fields through the ages and then return to the present day to climb on board some modern day tractors. Marvel at a wonderful display of vintage tractors and imagine them in full use in their glory days.
- See over 20 tractors in pristine condition, including a 1943 David Brown, and a 1949 French Messidor tractor, one of only two in the country. Compare old and new and climb on board a modern tractor.
- Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 July – See some of the vintage tractors in action as they parade through the Seven Acres at 11am and 2pm.
- Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 July – Imagine yourself heading to the fields for a days work and enjoy tractor and trailer rides around the Arboretum, between 10am and 4pm.
27 July – Family Fun Day
RHS Garden Rosemoor
- Come along to Rosemoor for a fun filled family day out!
- As well as being able to stroll around the enchanting garden, there will be a variety of attractions for all the family to enjoy, with art and craft workshops, face painting, storytelling and much more!
- 10am – 4pm
28 July – The Scented Garden: Walk with David Squire
RHS Garden Rosemoor
- Gardeners (and wildlife too!) know the value of scent in the garden. Today’s walk will sniff out the very best of the foliage and flowers on offer out in the Garden.
- There will be plenty of practical advice on growing the plants featured and a comprehensive plant list will be included.
- 11am (allow 2 hours)
- Cost: £15, RHS member: £9.50
28 July – Children’s Recycled Garden Creations
RHS Garden Hyde Hall,
- A fun hands-on activity that turns a range of recycled materials such as fizzy drinks bottles, milk cartons and old newspapers into bottle gardens, soil scoops and flower pots. Suitable for children up to 12 years.
- Sessions at 10.30am & 1.30pmCost: RHS Children £4.00, Non-member Children £7.00. Normal garden admission applies for adults.
- Booking essential for children on 0845 612 1253 (Quote Booking Ref: 7091 (10.30am) & 7092 (1.30pm))
Check out more at www.rhs.org.uk