|September 1, 2009||to||September 30, 2009|
Manchester Art Gallery is the perfect place for families to have an adventure. There are lots of different activities that make exploring the gallery a fun and interactive experience. To find out more visit the website.
Family Art Club
- Saturday 5 September and 3 October (and the first Saturday of every month),
- 1- 3pm
- Play games. Be creative. Get messy. Family art clubs are informal workshops for families with 6 -11 year olds. Free. Limited places, please arrive early.
Mini Family Art Club
- Friday 11 September, 9 October (and the second Friday of every month)
- 10.15 – 11.15am and 11.30am – 12.30pm
- Make friends. Make noise. Make a mess! Mini family art club is a relaxed workshop for families with children aged 5 and under.
- Free, please phone to book one week in advance. Tel: 0161 235 8888.
Meet the Artist Workshop
- Saturdays 10 October (and the second Saturday of alternate months), 1- 2pm
- Ever wondered what an artist does? Or where they get their inspiration? Bring your family to meet someone who can explain what it’s like to be an artist.
- Suitable for children aged 7+.
- Limited places, please arrive early.
- Saturday 17 October (and the third Saturday of every month), 1- 2pm
- A new interactive guided tour of the gallery for families. Seek hidden treasures and explore what makes paintings special. Suitable for families with children aged 5+. Free, no need to book.
Girls’ and Boys’ Puppet Factory
- 27 to 30 October
- 1- 3pm
- Create girl and boy puppets in this workshop inspired by the gallery’s Angels of Anarchy exhibition. Suitable for families with children aged 3 -11 years old.
- Sign-up from 12.30pm.