|October 27, 2009||to||October 31, 2009|
- Magic Carpet storytelling, 11.30am, free
For families with children aged 5 to 11
- Free practical two-hour art workshops. 11am, repeated 2pm
- Light On The Water – Make an exciting panorama with boats floating on clear blue water under a dazzling sky. Join artist Harriet Mena Hill for layers of fun in this collage workshop.
- 11am, repeated 2pm. Workshops last two hours.
Walk and Talk: ‘Light and Dark’
- Join us for a themed tour, where we will walk, talk and bring paintings alive!
- For all ages. 4 October,12.30–1.30pm
- Meet in the Education Centre Foyer for all events.No need to book, but places are limited and allocated on arrival. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Get Into Art!
Free two-day practical art workshops for young people
Let There Be Light!
- Ages 12–14: 27 and 28 October, repeated 31 October and 1 November
- Ages 15–17: 29 and 30 October
- Create a camera obscura and basic negatives to produce a photographic print inspired by the National Gallery’s paintings.
- Advance booking is essential: call 020 7747 2894 (line opens at 9.30am on Monday 28 September)
The National Gallery
Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN
Where can I find out more?
See the Fun Kids review on the National Gallery