|January 1, 2010||to||January 31, 2010|
EXHIBITION – LAST CHANCE TO SEE!
Until 10 JANUARY 2010
- Wonderland explores fairytales, myths and folk tales from around the world.
- Featuring over 80 art works by 50 East London Printmakers, the exhibition includes depictions of much-loved European tales such as Hansel and Gretel by the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen’s The Ugly Duckling, as well as folklore from other continents.
Until 7 FEBRUARY 2010
- Kingsmead Eyes is the result of a collaboration between photographer Gideon Mendel and pupils from Kingsmead Primary School in Hackney.
- The children documented their world over six months, photographing their friends, families, community and school.
- At the same time, Mendel recorded the life of Kingsmead Estate through a series of powerful portraits. Living on the edge of the 2012 Olympic Games site, the schoolchildren have produced photographs of a city in a state of flux.
USE YOUR IMAGINATION: TOYS BY TOMORROW’S DESIGNERS
Until 6 JUNE 2010
- An exhibition of toys produced by students at Middlesex University inspired by the Museum’s collection.
- The designs, developed from a contemporary child’s perspective and rigorously tested by a young panel, demonstrate the ways in which toys can stimulate imaginative play.
- Pupils from Christchurch Primary School working with artists have also created their own imaginative designs.
SINDY IN THE SIXTIES
UNTIL 18 JANUARY 2010
- A display of vintage Sindy dolls from the 1960s.
- It explores the British fashion doll alongside boyfriend Paul and friends Mitzi and Vicki as well as clothing, furniture and accessories.
BETHNAL GREEN AT CHRISTMAS
Until 17 JANUARY 2010
- A selection of Rohan Silva’s photographs documenting the multicultural tableau of the local community during the festive season.
- The images depict the interactions between different cultural groups caught up in the spirit of Christmas.
MUSEUM OF CHILDHOOD GENERAL INFORMATION
The V&A Museum of Childhood is open daily 10.00 – 17.45, last admission 17.30.
The nearest underground station is Bethnal Green (Central Line).