This Easter there are day-long programmes of free activities will include military drill, crafts, films, meeting wartime characters and playing games.
Extra activities (small additional cost of £1.50 per activity) include Firepower’s popular Camo Zone where children can try their skill on the Firing Range, take the Bungee Run challenge or do battle in Tank Command. Perhaps the most exciting of all is the chance to fire a genuine Second World War 25 pounder gun and everyone who fires the gun gets a commemorative certificate.
Firepower will be open daily from 10.30 to 5pm during the school holidays and is located in the historic Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, London, between the A206 and the Thames. Woolwich Arsenal DLR station is just a five minute walk.
Admission costs: Adults £5.00, children £2.50, concessions £4.50. Discounted family tickets are also available.
Weekends at Firepower
- There is always added value when you visit Firepower at weekends.
- As well as children’s activities, the Corps of Drums can often be seen practicing in and around the Museum.
- Wargaming goes on once a month in the galleries and you can see the Firepower Wargamers in action.
- Living History Team, including gun drill regularly active in the galleries. Why not talk to volunteers about their experiences, both working on site and in the Royal Artillery.
What is Firepower?
- Firepower, The Royal Artillery Museum, is based in the historic Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, the birthplace of the Royal Artillery which was founded there in 1716.
- Firepower tells the story of the men and women – more than 2 million of them – who have served as Gunners in the Royal Regiment of Artillery since it was founded.
- These ordinary people and their extraordinary experiences have made and continue to make history around the world.
- Firepower is however much more than a regimental museum. With its uniquely historic setting, Firepower is a world-class heritage attraction, a major educational resource and simply a great value day out where there really is something for everyone.
- Temporary exhibitions and an exciting programme of special events ensure there is always something new to see or do at Firepower. From the Roman Empire to National Service and Napoleon to the Cold War, Firepower and its historic riverside location provide a truly memorable experience.
Firepower, The Royal Artillery Museum
Royal Arsenal, Woolwich
London SE18 6ST
How do I find out more?