|August 1, 2009||to||August 31, 2009|
The Kids go free all summer long!
Throughout August, ‘Kids Go Free’ to the British Music Experience with every full priced adult ticket purchased. Oh Yeah!
Play Guitars, Drums, Keyboards and mixing a track in the Gibson Interactive Studio, record cover versions of chart hits in the Sennheiser Vocal Booth and make your own dance video to keep in Dance The Decades.
There’s an amazing line-up for the Summer Festival. So cool, adults will want in on the guest list too.
Throughout August there’ll be Hip Hop and Street Dance Masterclasses, Popstar Makeovers, Junk Orchestra percussion workshops, Rock ‘n’ Roll Costume Making and special live performances.
All completely free if you’re under 16.
WEEK 1 – MAKE SOME NOIZE!
- Sat 1st August : Junk Orchestra! – It’ s not junk if you can play it, come and learn how drums aren’t the only thing you can bang for a beat.
- Tues 4th August : Spittin’ & Scratching – A Hip Hop Masterclass with Rolling Sound. If you’re a young rapper/MC or DJ, come along and get tips from the pros.
- Weds 5th August: African Drumming – Jump in the giant drum circle and play a huge mix of African instruments, everyone has to play and move in this body rhythm workshop.
- 6th,7th, 8th August: Learn to DJ with the DJ Academy London – Mix on the decks and add your vocals – download your music masterpiece when you get home.
WEEK 2- GET THE LOOK!
- 11th, 12th ,13th August: Get the look with a top pop Stylist and make-up Artist with their wardrobe of never ending costumes & colours. Learn how the looks were put together from the 1950’s to today.
- 14th 15th August: Customize your T-Shirt – Customize your T-Shirt – Bring a tshirt to customize stitch it! glue it! draw it! and get the look!
WEEK 3 – TINY TUNES!
- 18th 19th, 21st August: Rewind<< – The whole family take a musical journey back in time to the fashions and sounds of your Mum & Dad’s youth.
- 20th , 22nd August: Funtastic! The sensational pop group will be performing an exclusive gig just for kids.
WEEK 4 – STREET DANCE!
- 25th, 26th, 28th, 29th August: Street Dance Class – drop in and get the moves from the dance experts behind professional street dance teams Hypnotik and Peridot.
- 27th August: Professional street dance teams Hypnotik and Peridot perform their amazing routines and then teach YOU how to do it.
Mon–Sun 10.00 to 18.30
Please note: Last entry to the exhibition is at 18.30