|October 25, 2010||to||November 4, 2010|
Then join in with RHS Garden Wisley for great autumn art activities for families this October half-term.
And remember to pick up a family trail or an activity card at the garden entrance. They have loads of fantastic ideas that will help you to make the most of your visit.
Taste of Autumn Festival
- Celebrate the season at Wisley’s annual Taste of Autumn Festival. Sample different apple varieties, enjoy cookery demonstrations, displays of fruit and vegetables then browse our food stalls and find new products to try.
- Apple tastings – around 20 different types of apple will be available for tasting. Find your favourite, then get advice from the Wisley Fruit team on choosing varieties to grow.
- Around 40 stalls will provide a wide range of tempting foods to buy, including cakes, jams, chocolate, liquorice, pies, olives, honey and cheeses.
- Don’t miss the cookery demonstration kitchen, hosted by TV’s ‘The Big Chef’ Peter Osborne, and designed to give you ideas on autumnal recipes to get the most out of seasonal ingredients.
October half term
25 -31 October
- Family fun for half term
- Feeling creative? Then join in our great autumn art activities for families this October half-term. And remember to pick up a family trail or an activity card at the garden entrance. They have loads of fantastic ideas that will help you to make the most of your visit.
- Have fun making an autumn mobile with sticks, leaves and autumn foliage (25 – 26 Oct)
- Create some incredible art pictures outdoors (27-29 Oct) with natural materials or try your hand at making a small woodland creature sculpture from clay .
- Halloween weekend (30-31 Oct) – plant some garlic to help keep the vampires away. And author Amy Stewart will be at the Plant Centre from 2:00pm to talk about her new book ‘Wicked Plants: an A-Z of Plants that Kill, Maim, Intoxicate or Otherwise Offend’.
These activities run from 10am – 12pm and from 1pm to 3.30pm.
All children aged under 16 welcome to take part, but these activities are most suitable for children aged 3- 12. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Conkers at RHS Garden Wisley
This Saturday why not join in a game or two of conkers.
All you need to do to take part is turn up on the Seven Acres lawn at 12 noon.
On the day you will be given your conker, so grab a member of your family, a friend or a complete stranger to smash your way into the world record.
After the attempt why not marvel at the Birds of Prey flying display at 2pm, sow some garlic to keep the Vampires away, balance, swing and leap your way around the Wild at Wisley play area or follow the autumn family trail around the colourful garden.
Birds of Prey
30 and 31 October
- See some amazing owls in a Birds of Prey display.
- The birds will be on show all day, with flying displays starting at 11am and 2pm on both days.
RHS Garden Wisley
Normal garden entry
- RHS members plus family guest free, children under 6 free, adults £9.50, children (6-16) £3
Find out more at www.rhs.org.uk