|September 20, 2009|
Formerly known as the London Freewheel. Now in its third year, this hugely popular event will give thousands of cyclists of all ages and abilities the chance to take over some of London’s most famous streets – as we banish the traffic for the day.
Landmarks on the Route:
- Along the way, you’ll pass some of London’s most famous landmarks: As you pedal along Victoria Embankment you can admire the backdrop of the Thames, accompanied by hundreds of fellow cyclists.
- New for this year is an exciting loop through the City of London, passing St Paul’s Cathedral and the heart of the city’s financial district.
- So hop on your bike and grab this unique opportunity to join the Mayor of London’s Skyride and experience our beautiful capital in a whole new way.
- There will be a huge range of entertainment and activities available on the day, including trick riding, Go-Ride coaching sessions, the Wattbike challenge and celebrity appearances and bib-signings.
Travel by Car, Train and Bike:
- As well as a full round up of the rail and road travel news for the day, we have also arranged for over 40 led-ride “Hubs” around London from where you can cycle into the main route under the guidance of of our ride leaders.
- To coincide with the event, why not combine your bike ride into central London with a visit to one of the many Open House locations in central London open on the day.