|March 13, 2010||to||March 14, 2010|
Highlights will include
- The Bayko Collectors Club who will be building a giant Bayko suburban layout, the suburb will include various styles of houses, shops, cinemas, blocks of flats and stations.
- The Worthing Model Railway Club will showcase West London suburbs including Kensington Olympia Station and Loftus Road
- John Howe’s Dog Kennel Hill model depicts the unique quadruple track layout that ran up the 1 in 10 hill in Dulwich until 1951. Up to 4 trams are shown moving at any one time negotiating alternative adjacent tracks and halting at the compulsory tram stops.
Visitors can also see fascinating collections of working transport model layouts exhibited by guest professional and amateur modellers. Other attractions include rides on the Depot’s miniature railway which features steam and electric trains, trips on full size heritage vehicles – including the 1950s prototype of the Routemaster bus (the RM1), tours of the poster and artwork stores led by Museum curators and the Wootton Electric Tramway from the Isle of Wight will carry visitors along its own tracks around the Depot powered by overhead electric wiring.
Family activities include creative workshops and the opportunity to handle some of the objects from the Museum’s collection. Meet actor characters from the past as they explain what it was like to work and travel on transport in London in times gone by.
A special limited edition model bus commissioned by London Transport Museum will be launched on Saturday and will only be available to purchase during the London’s transport in miniature March Open Weekend.
- Valid on both days
- £10.00 for adults
- £8.00 for senior citizens
- £6.00 concessions
- £5.00 London Transport Museum Friends.
Accompanied children under 16 are admitted free.
To avoid the queues, tickets can be booked in advance online or by calling 020 7565 7298.
The Museum Depot is open both days from 11.00 to 17.00 with the last admission at 16.00.
2 Museum Way
118 – 120 Gunnersbury Lane
The nearest Tube station is Acton Town (District and Piccadilly Line) check before you travel at tfl.gov.uk.
For more information