|October 23, 2010||to||October 31, 2010|
Families looking for fun things to do this October half-term should look no further than the Ironbridge Gorge Museums.
A week packed with fun, creative hands-on activities is sure to occupy even the most restless child!
Coalport China Museum
25 October – 29 October
- At Coalport China Museum create your own creepy crawlies and monsters!
- The museum will be running drop-in Halloween-themed ceramic workshops from Monday 25 to Friday 29 October where you can make all manner of strange creatures from clay, which will later be despatched to your home.
- Choose from long-legged spiders, slithery snakes and weird bugs or you might prefer to create your own green-eyed Halloween monster, ghost or wicked witch.
- Held daily from 11am – 1pm and 2pm – 4pm, the workshop activities will vary from day-to-day and carry an extra charge in addition to the museum entrance free.
- These range from £1 to £4 per item, plus postage and packing to send your monster back home after firing.
23 October – 31 October
- Exercise your creativity to its extreme at Enginuity this autumn half-term.
- From Saturday 23rd to Sunday 31st October, the Autonomous Artefacts exhibition and its related demonstrations and hands-on activities will push out the boundaries of experimental design and release your imagination.
- Local designer Joshua Richards has been working with budding young designers from across the area to produce an exhibition of future household products, exploring how everyday appliances may evolve to take over the home.
- You’re invited to use these strange objects as an inspiration for our Big Draw ’Make Your Mark on the Future’ design competition, as well as having a go at creating your own ingenious designs in our daily drop-in workshops.
Jackfield Tile Museum
25 October – 29 October
- At Jackfield Tile Museum you can join in Halloween-themed tile decorating workshops where you’ll learn the tile decorating technique known as ‘tube lining’ and by the end of the session you’ll have produced a 6 x 6 inch tile featuring your own spooky design in a choice of gruesome colours!
- The price is £7 per tile plus admission; activities vary on a daily basis and additional charges may apply.
And remember to check out the amazing Chuck the Eco Duck competition
Find out more at www.ironbridge.org.uk