|July 17, 2010||to||September 5, 2010|
PlayFest festival of play at Eureka!
School’s out for the summer and there’s no better way to celebrate than with a festival of play, when PlayFest arrives at Eureka! The National Children’s Museum.
Join us for seven weeks of fun-filled activities including space hopper races, carnival crafts, beach boogieing music and dance performances, fairground rides, inflatables and much more.
Be sure to return again and again using the Eureka! Annual Pass, available with standard admission, so as not to miss the changing themes and activities of ‘School’s Out’, ‘Seaside’, ‘All the Fun of the Fair’ and ‘Carnival’ during Eureka!’s play extravaganza.
Eureka! the National Children’s Museum
Discovery Road, Halifax HX1 2NE
Open everyday from Saturday 17 July – Sunday 5 September 2010. Most activities free with standard admission, additional charge for some activities.
- Eureka! is designed especially for children age 0-11, with over 400 hands on exhibits inspiring them to learn about themselves and the world around them through imagination, play and discovery.
- For visitor information call 01422 330069, visit www.eureka.org.uk, read the Eureka! blog, All in a day’s play, or become a fan on Facebook
- Eureka! admission prices are £8.95 for adults and children aged 3+, £2.95 for children age 1-2 and free for babies age 0-11 months. A saver ticket for five people will be £38.50
- All tickets are annual passes entitling the visitor to return to Eureka! for as many times as they like, free of charge over 12 months.
- Eureka! is situated next door to Halifax railway station, just 10 minutes by car from junction 24 of the M62 and 17 miles from Leeds
- The museum is open 10–4pm during term-time, and 10–5pm at weekends and during half-terms and holidays. The museum is closed Mondays during term-time
Allison Tara Sundaram