Portsmouth International Kite Festival will take place on Southsea Common, Portsmouth on the 28th – 30th of August for the 19th time and promises to be bigger and better than ever!
- Nordhorn Kite Group from Germany with their large collection of Looney Toon inflatables and other excellent kites
- Jeltje Baas from Holland with her beautifully painted kites including an extensive herd of cows!
- Team Bergadler – a german kite team with a fantastic range of inflatable kites – teddies, birds and much more!
- The Beccles Bunch – four kite flying folk from Beccles – Hugh Blowers, Lynn Blowers, George Penney and Jackie Penney
- Robert Brasington from Tasmania with his beautiful collection of appliqued kites
- Robert Van Weers from New Zealand with his impressive array of soft kites, including fish and monkeys
- Bernard Dingwerth from Germany with some astounding kites, from salamanders to seals.
- Jos Valcke with his collection of brilliant soft kites, including giant jesters and flowers.
- Dutch kite designer Jan van Leeuwen with his unique collection of soft and flat kites
Keep checking out this page for updates, including all the events that will be taking place at this great festival.
For more info, go to portsmouthkitefestival.org.uk