|May 30, 2012||to||June 2, 2012|
The Royal Bath & West Show at Shepton Mallet, Somerset, is a fun day out for the whole family this summer – mums, dads and little ones.
From the country’s finest livestock, a miniature railway and farming demonstrations, to the vast food halls filled with the finest local produce, the Royal Bath & West Festival of Baking, to the glamour of Ladies Day, there really is something for everyone in the family.
Show highlights include:
- A chance to see the country’s finest livestock including cattle, pigs, goats, sheep and alpacas. Children will enjoy the ‘Fur and Feather’ zone where they can see small animals and birds such as rabbits and cavies, tame birds and poultry.
- Farming for the Family. Children can watch milking demonstrations, see piglets, lambs and calves as well as experience the fun of feeding a chicken and collecting an egg to cook and eat in the Farmhouse Kitchen.
- The country’s biggest cheese show. At the National Cheese Awards, cheese lovers will be able to sample a staggering array of some of the UK’s finest cheeses and dairy produce.
- The Imagineering Fair puts the fun and excitement into science. Children will be able to explore the creative possibilities of science, engineering and technology.
- Horses – Showing, show jumping and thrills of the fast paced Pony Club mounted games.
- Sheep shearing – Be amazed at the speed of competitive shearing. There will also be spinning and weaving demonstrations.
- Countryside Arena – Watch thrilling falconry displays, admire the discipline of gun dogs and cheer on your favourite in the terrier racing. Alongside the arena is the Canoe Village where you can experience canoes, kayaks and much, much more.
Advance tickets are now available to buy and offer great savings on adult tickets. Children under 16 years go free when you buy an advance ticket and children under the age of 5 go completely free. To book go to www.bathandwest.com or call 01749 822222.