Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Use Your Imagination: Toys by Tomorrow’s Designers
- An exhibition that focuses on the quality of toy design.
- Play is a vitally important element in children’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual development: It is how we learn about the world. Toys are the tools of a child’s play and need to be well designed to fit the purpose .The market is saturated with commercially hyped, over-packaged products with short lived appeal.
- But what makes a good toy?
- Applied Art students from Middlesex University have come up with some design solutions. Using the Museum*s British Toy Making archive they have designed from a child’s perspective and have consulted with the real consumers -the kids. Their design concepts have been rigorously tested by a panel of five to ten year olds. If you thought the Dragon*s Den was scary try asking a critical six year old!
- Children can represent a challenging client group for young designers but ultimately they are the arbiters of good design and decide whether a
toy is playworthy or not, so their opinion matters.
- The students have worked with Key Stage 1 and 2 primary school children from two local schools: Christchurch and Hague, who have provided feedback on their designs from concept drawings through to prototype.
- Also on display is work by pupils from Christchurch and Swanlea Schools. Working with artists they have unleashed their imagination and explored the versatility of the cardboard box as a plaything.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.