|August 3, 2009||to||August 7, 2009|
Find out about the most gruesome types of punishments from days gone by; experience for yourself what it would have been like to spend a night in the stocks or behind bars! (Parents don’t forget your cameras for this moment!)
Then hear about medieval trials and learn more about blood-curdling medieval justice.
Get hands-on with history this summer and travel through time to learn the exciting skills of old – see if you’ve got what it takes to be a secret agent, roll your sleeves up in an archaeological dig or get caught up in some mayhem Medieval style!
Make your trip to the Castle an awesome family day out for the kids to remember! A must for all children up to the age of 12. Join in the adventures at Bolsover Castle…
Ever wanted to become a spy? Now is the chance for the kids to give it a try as they have fun cracking the codes, trying on disguises and getting some tips on becoming the ultimate spy in this hands-on training academy.
- Bolsover Castle is set on a hilltop overlooking the Vale of Scarsdale and enjoys panoramic views over the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.
- Children will love the fairytale Little Castle, designed as a fantasy entertainment house with magnificent wall paintings.
- Visit the indoor Riding House where William, Duke of Newcastle indulged his passion for training horses in balletic movement.
- Wander round the beautiful Venus Garden, with its secluded love seats, 23 statues and fountain which plays again for the first time in centuries.
- There are also intriguing audio-visual displays to enjoy in the Discovery Centre. The Castle is an English Heritage property.
Family £17.50 (+ £1 for every child over 5)
Mon 10 – Fri 14 Aug 2009
11:00 to 16:00
Castle Street, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S44 6PR