|July 27, 2009||to||July 31, 2009|
It’s the Festival of British Archaeology so come along and try your hand at all things archaeological!
Take part in a mini dig then rescue the precious relic as you race through the obstacle course. Can you follow the clues to work out who was buried where?
Get hands-on with history this summer and travel through time to learn the exciting skills of old – see if you’ve got what it takes to be a secret agent, roll your sleeves up in an archaeological dig or get caught up in some mayhem Medieval style!
Make your trip to the Castle an awesome family day out for the kids to remember! A must for all children up to the age of 12. Join in the adventures at Bolsover Castle…
Ever wanted to become a spy? Now is the chance for the kids to give it a try as they have fun cracking the codes, trying on disguises and getting some tips on becoming the ultimate spy in this hands-on training academy.
- Bolsover Castle is set on a hilltop overlooking the Vale of Scarsdale and enjoys panoramic views over the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.
- Children will love the fairytale Little Castle, designed as a fantasy entertainment house with magnificent wall paintings.
- Visit the indoor Riding House where William, Duke of Newcastle indulged his passion for training horses in balletic movement.
- Wander round the beautiful Venus Garden, with its secluded love seats, 23 statues and fountain which plays again for the first time in centuries.
- There are also intriguing audio-visual displays to enjoy in the Discovery Centre. The Castle is an English Heritage property.
Family £17.50 (+ £1 for every child over 5)
Mon 10 – Fri 14 Aug 2009
11:00 to 16:00
Castle Street, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S44 6PR