There are some special events for families to enjoy right from speaking to actual horse soldiers through to learning dance moves and art skills.
Here’s what’s coming up in the next few months:
Victory Jive – Dance Night
27 August 2011, 7.30pm
Get your dancing shoes on and celebrate Victory Day with an authentic ’40s dance night at the National Army Museum.
- Swing and jive to the sounds of the big band
- Brush up on your fancy footwork with our fantastic dance instructors, the London Swing Dance Society
- Ladies enjoy an extra touch of glamour with our authentic ’40s hair and make-overs
Grab your partners by the hand and join the Victory Jive!
22–30 October 2011, half-term – FREE
To mark the opening of our exciting new War Horse: Fact & Fiction exhibition, join cavalry soldiers from the Boer War and the Second World War and find out more about the lives of horse soldiers.
- Get up close to Cavalry objects from the Museum’s handling Collection
- Take part in creative activities
Draw Your Weapons – Art Workshops
5, 12 and 26 November, 2.00pm – 3.30pm
Exclusive workshops for budding artists of all ages to learn new techniques, design their own storyboard and hear the tales behind the artwork. These Saturday workshops will be hosted by popular comic illustrators and by acclaimed war artists.
20 maximum attendees
Open to all ages
National Army Museum
Royal Hospital Road
London SW3 4HT
Museum Opening hours
Every day: 10.00am to 5.30pm
Except 24-26 December and 1 January
Find out more at www.nam.ac.uk