|July 26, 2012||to||August 31, 2012|
Web Lab – open till July 2013
- Web Lab is made of up five experiment installations that bring the extraordinary workings of the internet to life and aims to inspire the world about the possibilities of the web.
- Exhibited at the Science Museum, Web Lab is both a physical exhibition at the museum and an interactive website
Summer of Sport – inspired by the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games
- Mobility, speed, precision and sustainability – who needs it? Athletes and engineers.
- Find out how science and technology will deliver an excellent performance at the Games this summer and in future.
Super Speedy Sprint
14-17 Aug, 11am – 4pm
- Elite athletes are lucky enough to have their running shoes made especially for them.
- Will this technology take the leap to the high street?
- Take part in real scientific experiments with scientists from Loughborough University to see what difference shoes can make in your performance.
Make it in Great Britain
To 9 September
- The Make it in Great Britain exhibition celebrates the best of British manufacturing.
- The exhibition will highlight the successes of the manufacturing sector, show the true face of British manufacturing and encourage young people to consider a career within the industry.
A Cockroach Tour of the Museum
- Dress up in realistic cockroach costumes and take a journey through the Museum, exploring the impact of scientific and technological developments on the climate, from the perspective of one of our planet’s true survivors, the cockroach.
- ‘A Cockroach Tour of the Science Museum’ is free, every Saturday and Sunday until 1 September
- Book your place call: 0870 870 4868.
Science Museum Live on Tour
- The popular shows return to the stage with new experiments for 2012.
- Inspired by the Science Museum’s hugely popular interactive galleries, this inventive family theatre show leads children and adults on an exploratory adventure into the wonderful world of science.