Fun Cooking – Spaghetti Bolognaise (vegetarian)
1 small onion, chopped
1 small red pepper, chopped
1 small courgette, sliced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
50g frozen soya mince (or Quorn)
200g of tinned tomatoes
Pinch of mixed herbs
Handful of grated cheese
What to do:
1. Heat the oil in a thick frying pan. Gently fry the onions for 3 mins (if you are using Quorn, add it here)
2. Add the soya mince and garlic, cook for 5 mins.
3. Add the remaining vegetables and herbs, cook for 5 mins.
4. Add the tomatoes then simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Whilst the sauce is cooking, boil water and add spaghetti. Cook until soft.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of vegetarian cheese
Good source of protein and carbohydrate
© Copyright The Vegetarian Society