George Explores the Grain Chain!
Did you know that every day in the UK we consume 12 million loaves of bread? Or that grain such as wheat has ‘ears’ and that you need 350 ears to make each loaf of bread?
Then it’s time to find out more with George as he explores the Grain Chain!
Join George as he explores the world of grain. He’ll go see the farmers growing his crops, see how the grain is turned into flour and taste all sorts to yummy bread made in the UK and across the world! Plus loads more!
And while you listen why not start exploring the Grain Chain yourself with our cool pages below! Just click on a section to begin.
George Explores… the Grain Chain is supported by farmers and millers across the UK
Find out more about the Grain Chain at www.grainchain.comlores..
- In This Section:
- George Explores – the Grain Chain
- George Explores… about milling
- George Explores… breads around the world
- George Explores… grain festivals
- George Explores… making fruity muffins
- George Explores… making your own play dough
- George Explores… special days
- George Explores… the growing year
- George Explores… the science of baking
- George Explores… types of bread
- George Explores… making a pesto pizza
- George Explores… making cheese straws
- George Explores… making chocolate chip cookies
- Listen to George Explores… The Grain Chain!