- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 10ml oil
- 350g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger root
- 450ml low salt vegetable stock
- Chopped fresh coriander or other herb of choice
What to do
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes in a covered pan without browning.
- Add the carrots, ginger and a sprinkling of salt & pepper. Cover and lightly fry for a further 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins, or until the carrots are tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender and serve, garnish with chopped fresh herbs to taste.
© Copyright The Vegetarian Society