1small tin of pineapple rings
6 vegetarian glacé cherries
110g caster sugar
110g self-raising flour
2 free range eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C
2. Grease a small oven proof dish with a little butter
3. Cream the butter, sugar and eggs together in a bowl, then slowly mix in the flour.
4. Line the base of the dish with the pineapple and place a cherry in each ring.
5. Pour the mix over the pineapple and bake in the oven for 15 mins.
6. When cooked carefully run a knife round the edge of the cake and turn out.
Thanks to the Vegetarian Society for this great recipe!