Skip to main content
Fun Cooking: Redcurrant Muffins!
What you’ll need:
- 12oz plain flour
- 4oz sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4oz milk
- 2oz cup vegetable oil
- 8oz redcurrants
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
How to make them:
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt (and also the cinnamon, if using) in a large bowl.
- Make a well in centre of mixture.
- Combine egg, milk and oil, and then add the liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Gently stir in redcurrants.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400F (200C) for 20 to 25 min. Remove muffins from pans immediately.
- Should make approximately 10 muffins.
Thanks for clicking through from the Fun Kids newsletter
Are you still happy to receive it?