- 5 large tomatoes
- 1 small clove garlic, left in its skin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml low salt vegetable stock
What to do
1. Place the tomatoes in a roasting dish with the herbs, garlic and oil. Roast in a pre-heated oven at 180°C / gas mark 4 (moderate heat) for 15 mins.
2. Press the tomatoes and any liquid in the roasting dish through a sieve to remove the skins, pips and stalks.
3. Squeeze the flesh of the garlic and place in a large pan along with the tomato stock and vegetable stock. Simmer for 10 mins. Season and serve!