- 225g / 8oz self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g/2oz margarine
- 125ml/1/4 pint milk
- pinch salt
- extra milk for brushing
- 6cm/21/2” scone cutter
1. Pre-heat oven to 230 c
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl.
3. Cut margarine into small pieces and use your fingers to rub into the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add sugar and milk, mix into a soft dough.
5. Roll out onto a floured surface, cut the scones out and place on a greased baking sheet.
6. Brush with a little milk and bake for 7-10mins.
7. Cool on a wire rack before serving