You can use sliced salad tomatoes in place of the sundried tomatoes in this recipe and Ciabatta bread is wonderful for soaking up the juices.
4 red peppers
8 sundried tomatoes in oil
12g/½ oz fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
225g/8oz feta cheese in oil
olive oil to drizzle
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Halve the peppers lengthways through the stalk and remove the seeds.
2. Place 1 sundried tomato in each half, sprinkle half the torn basil over, reserving half for garnish. Top with pieces of feta cheese. Drizzle each one with olive oil or a little of the oil from the tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Grill on a conventional grill or barbecue, for about 10-15 minutes until the pepper is cooked, the skin charred and the cheese starting to melt.
4. Garnish with the reserved torn basil
5. Serve with crusty garlic bread or bulgar wheat to soak up the juice