Makes 6 skewers
Takes about 30-40 minutes
- 450g (1lb) Chipolata sausages
- 30ml (2tbsp) Brown sugar
- 30ml (2tbsp) Golden syrup
- 4 Apples, cut into wedges or 6 mini small apples
- 1 Carrot, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- ½ Swede, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 2 Parsnips, peeled and cut in thin sticks
- 2 Raw beetroots, cut into thin sticks
- 2 Potatoes, cut into thin sticks
- 30ml (2tbsp) Vegetable oil
- Wooden skewers
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4-5, 180oC, 375oF.
- Make Vegetable Chips: Place oil into a large baking tin and preheat in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Carefully add vegetables and stir well to coat in oil. Bake in oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- Thread 2 sausages per stick and place on a foil lined baking tray. Cook for 10 minutes in oven.
- Drizzle with sugar and golden syrup, add apples and coat in the mixture, continue to cook until browned and ‘sticky’, about 10 – 15 minutes, turn half way through.
- Serve toffee’d sausages and apples with vegetable chips – great Halloween or bonfire party food