Always a favourite on a cold winter night! You can add extra vegetables, for example peas or carrots, to the mix if you like.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 large pinch of dried mixed herbs
- 150g of dried soya mince soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes then drained
- 675g of mashed potato
1. Gently fry the onions for two minutes.
2. Add the garlic, tomatoes and herbs and soya mince.
3. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the mashed potato.
5. Spoon the base into an ovenproof dish and spoon the mashed potato over the top. Dot the margarine over the potato. Cook for 30 minutes at 180°C/Gas Mark 4 until golden brown and crusty on the top.
6. Serve with your favourite vegetables.
© Copyright The Vegetarian Society