Join children's radio station Fun Kids as we look at cool cooking ideas and have fun with food! Listen to Fun Kids on DAB Digital Radio in London and online across the UK.Subscribe in iTunes
|Always a children’s classic, chocolate rice krispie cakes are easy to make and always a favourite.
Preparation time15 - 20 minutesWhat you'll need
- Melt the chocolate in small bursts in the microwave or over a bain marie (in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water)
- Add the butter, cut in to small pieces, stir in till melted
- Add the syrup, stir
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir in to the chocolate mix, gently
- Spoon in to 12 bun cases
- Leave to cool
- Replace the rice krispies for cornflakes or bran flakes
- Check out our recipe for the special Rocky Road Chocolate Rice Krispie Cakes
- And also Prof Hallux's version with cherries!
Player loadingDownload File