We’re setting you fun challenges to complete every day this summer.
This week’s theme is ‘Countries‘ and today we’re challenging you to get in the kitchen and cook up a storm!
We’re going to be making Placki Ziemniaczane which is a really popular dish in Poland. They’re basically pancakes made from potatoes and you can have them with loads of delicious garnishes!
You will need…
- Garnishes, like salt and pepper, sour cream, and parsley or spring onions.
You’ll also need a frying pan (or a deep fat fryer, if you have one) and some oil.
How to make Polish Potato Pancakes
- Peel and finely grate potatoes, chop the onion and garlic.
- Rinse the potatoes.
- Add potato, onion in a large bowl with garlic. Drain and press out as much moisture as possible.
- Add egg yolk, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in egg white.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- For each pancake, drop in a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and press down with spatula. Brown until crisp on both sides.
- Enjoy seasoned with salt and pepper, with some soured cream and parsley topping!
Fun Kids Daily Summer Challenge!
We're sharing something to do every day during the summer holidays! From going outdoors and trying fun games to learning new stuff and competing with friends!