- Eureka! is a children’s museum aimed at helping children learn through hands on experiments and games.
- The Wonder Walk is a trail outside aimed to help teach children to explore and be interested in Nature or you could visit nature from inside in the SoundGarden where you can experience nature from being the size of a bug.
- Eureka! has many other exhibitions and games which are perfect for teaching children and can even keep adults interested!
Nearest railway station – Halifax
The Forbidden Corner
- The Forbidden Corner is a magical and adventurous place, full of exciting tunnels and mazes.
- There are lots of decisions to make and tricks to avoid as you walk around the Forbidden corner, the temple of the Underworld and the Eye of the Needle are just two of the exciting places you will meet on your journey.
- The Forbidden Corner is a fun and educational place to spend the day and is exciting for both adults and children.
Nearest railway station – Northallerton
National Space Centre
- National Space Centre offers you over 150 interactive experiences and 6 interactive galleries help find out more about space in a fun and exciting way.
- You can also visit the UKs largest planetarium where you can experience an exciting voyage through space.
- There is also the chance to test drive a Rover Robot and hear about myths and fiction from planets other than our own.
- The National Space Centre is an exciting and educational place to spend a day regardless of the weather.
Nearest railway station – Leicester
Rydale Folk Museum
- Rydale transports you back in time and teaches you about what life was like in Rydale centuries ago.
- The Elphi Trail is perfect for children, you follow the story of the Rydal Hob while learning and having fun.
- There is also a village shop set in the same time period where you are able to buy items similar to those available back then. It is an educational and fun place to have a family day out.
Nearest railway station – Malton
The Children’s Museum in Easton
- The Children’s Museum is a learning centre aimed to teach children about education and culture.
- There are 1,000 programmes and 3 floors of interactive exhibits to educate the children in a fun and hands on way.
- Some of the exhibits include the Dinosaur Den and Prehistoric Pathway where you can dress up as dinosaurs and learn about fossils or the FETCH! Lab, where you can build your own house and take part in fun maths and physics activities.
- The Children’s Museum is a great place to stimulate your child’s curiosity and helps them learn in an exciting way.
Nearest railway station – Weymouth
Museum of Museums
- Museum of Museums has many Exhibitions but the majority of them are transport.
- There are a wide range of vehicles on show ranging from Ice Cream Vans to Army Trucks which are sure to grab the attention of children and adults alike.
- Other Exhibitions include the National Football and Generation Pop.
- Museum of Museums is an interesting place full of stuff of interest for every one.
Nearest railway station – Trafford Park or Urmston
- Dickens World has been constructed to resemble a real Victorian Town and educates children about Dickens work and also what life was like in Victorian Britain.
- You can visit the Britannia Theatre where you are introduced to Dickens most loved and memorable characters or you could enter into the Victorian School Room.
- Dickens World offers a wide range of things for children to do ranging from eating in the themed restaurant and bar or taking a boat ride with Magwitch.
- Dickens World is an educational and fun way to spend the day regardless of weather conditions.
Nearest railway station – Chatham
Museum of Childhood
- The Museum of Childhood looks at the childhood of people many years ago.
- The exhibitions include dolls, teddies and trains and the museum looks at many aspects of childhood even the clothing and clubs.
- Children get the chance to see a recreated Victorian Street and hear what a Class Room in the 1930s would have sounded like.
- The museum is interesting for both adults and children as it educates children in the past but it also brings nostalgia to adults who may be visiting.
Nearest railway station – Edinburgh
The World of Beatrix Potter
- The Beatrix Potter Museum is split up into six exciting parts including meeting Mrs Tiggy-winkle in her very own kitchen and visiting Peter Rabbits garden.
- You are also introduced to all 23 of Beatrix Potter’s stories by watching the short film. Beatrix Potter World is a lovely quiet place, perfect for a family day out.
Nearest railway station – Windermere
Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre
- The Roald Dahl Museum is a small family-friendly museum perfect for a day trip.
- Free craft activities are available to do in the craft room and you can enjoy the free story telling sessions in the Court Yard or Miss Honeys Classroom. Workshops are also available, which include hands on science workshops, puppet making, drama and scrummy cookery classes.
- Children are able to find out what their favourite book was written about.
- It is the perfect place to spend a quiet day with the family.
Nearest railway station – Great Missenden
Here’s Howcast’s top 5 London museums: