Set deep in the lovely North Devon countryside, Rosemoor is an enchanting garden to visit at any time of the year.
Lady Anne Berry gifted Rosemoor to the RHS in 1988 and since then, the original eight acres have been greatly developed into 65 acres of gardens and woodlands.
In addition to the vast range of plants originally collected by Lady Anne, the RHS has added features such as the Formal Garden, extensive herbaceous borders, Herb and Cottage Gardens, a Potager, a Fruit and Vegetable Garden, two beautiful Rose Gardens, a Foliage and Plantsman’s Garden, as well as a superb Winter Garden, extensive stream and lakeside plantings and an Alpine House.
Things to do all year round
Our fantastic family picnic and play area, ‘The Brash’, creates a natural hideaway in the woods for children (and adults!) of all ages to enjoy. There is log stepping stones, giant bugs to spot, dens, bird feeding stations and much more! You can enjoy a picnic in The Brash too, just make sure you bring your rug, and make yourselves at home!
Pick up a free children’s trail at the entrance kiosk, have fun following the clues, and take your completed trail to the shop before claiming your prize!
There is a different version for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter and the whole family can have fun spotting plants, insects and sights around the garden!
Where do we go?
RHS Garden Rosemoor
How do we get there?
- Exit the M5 Southbound Exit at Junction 27, and join the A361 link road signposted Barnstaple/Bideford.
- At Barnstaple join A39 signposted Bideford (Atlantic Highway), keep heading towards Bideford on the A39 until you reach a roundabout signposted to Great Torrington (B3232).
- Take this road and follow it into Great Torrington.
- RHS Garden Rosemoor is signposted at Great Torrington and is situated 1 mile south on the A3124 road which heads towards Exeter.
- Car parking is free.
- Buses run from Barnstaple and Bideford.
- Closest station is Barnstaple (12 miles)
When come we go?
- Open all year except Christmas Day
- April to September: 10am to 6pm
- October to March: 10am to 5pm
- Last admission is one hour before closing.
How much does it cost?
- RHS members: FREE
- Adults: £6.50
- Children (6 to 16 years): £2
- Under 6 years: FREE
- Groups of more than 10 *: £5.50 per person
Where can I get more information from?