RHS Harlow Carr seeks to push the boundaries of design and planting styles, creating displays that are beautiful but on occasion, also provocative. Careful gardening techniques, reflecting our respect for the environment, ensure that flourishing wildlife can also be enjoyed on a visit to the garden.
Pick up the latest gardening tips and ideas throughout the seasons, and our friendly team of expert gardeners are happy to share their knowledge with you. In short, Harlow Carr is a stunning place to meet friends, bring the family and enjoy a leisurely stroll but also to expect the unexpected even if you have visited us before! We aim for visitors to leave us feeling relaxed yet inspired, de-stressed but invigorated and if you want to, ready to help improve the planet by gardening at home.
Harlow Carr has something for everyone – from vegetables to wildflowers and alpines to woodland – and, of course, the fabulous Bettys Café Tea Room, RHS Shop and Plant Centre.
Where do we go?
RHS Garden Harlow Carr
The Garden is situated on Crag Lane, off Otley Road (B6162) about a mile and a half from the centre of Harrogate.
RHS members: FREE
Children (6 to 16 years): £2.50
Under 6 years: FREE
Groups of more than 10*: £6.00
RHS Affiliated Societies*: One FREE visit per year
Open all year except Christmas Day.
March to October: 9.30am to 6pm
November to February: 9.30am to 4pm
Last admission is one hour before closing.
How do we get there?
- Service 106 runs from Harrogate bus station every 20 minutes, Mondays to Saturdays, and every hour on Sundays
- RHS Garden Harlow Carr has joined with Harrogate District Travel to welcome ‘Heritage Vouchers’ which offer bus travellers discounted admission to the gardens.
- Closest station is Harrogate (1.5 miles)
- Thirty cycle racks are available at the gardens.
- A lovely walk runs from Valley Gardens in Harrogate, up through the Pine Woods to RHS Garden Harlow Carr, taking approximately an hour at a leisurely pace. A detailed map is available from the Harrogate Tourist Information Centre or RHS Garden Harlow Carr.
Where can I find out more?